Sunday 3 March 2013

OUGD402- PPP1- What is design Practice- Personal/Practice

Studio Session  






These are the adds that were designed for me by Jake (left) and Danielle (right). 

We had to write down what we thought worked and what didnt for each add.

Jake:
  • I like the colour scheme 
  • minimal 
  • clean
  • the capital J would look better in sans-serif to go with the rest of the text.
  • good use of negative space
Danielle: 
  • well structured 
  • minimal 
  • i like the font 
  • dont think it needs the shapes, bit too Bauhaus
  • clean 


Next, we wrote a list of words we were trying to communicate in our own add.
  • Clinical
  • Minimal 
  • professional
  • organised
  • Contemporary 


In our group of three we moved to a different group and wrote similarities and differences between the adds for each person. We went back to our adds and compared the lists with our original list.

Similarities:
  • Minimal
  • Contemporary
  • organised


HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO INVOLVE PERSONALITY INTO DESIGN PRATICE?

PROs:
  • gives your work a signature 
  • makes you more approachable to customers/employers
  • allows employers to see if they could work with you
  • could help you to secure specific jobs
  • can add depth to you work
CONs:
  • Can make you narrow minded within your work
  • can clash with employers personalities
  • can look unprofessional
  • might not be appropriate for the outcome
  • hard to develop work if you are emotionally involved 



Task 


5 STATEMENTS ABOUT ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL, MY PREFERENCES & BELIEVES



1.



I love listening to music, making music and editing music. I listen to music everyday and find it makes everything better.


2.



I thinks its important to fuel the body with vitamins and nutrition to feel at your best.


3.



In my spare time I enjoy playing console games. It helps me switch off from work and clear my head.


4.



I like to be organised, i have to have my room set up how I like it or it annoys me and I cant focus.


5.



I love watching documentaries in general but particularly like ones about animals. I find animals fascinating, Dolphins are my favourite because of there intelligence. I would love to swim with them before I die.


5 STATMENTS AS A DESIGNER - WHAT I WANT , WHAT I WANT TO DO

1.

I have started to think I would like to explore branding & identity as a possible career path.




http://www.experimentaljetset.net/archive/artimo-a-z.html


2.

Editorial design is another area of practice I am wanting to explore.







3.

The third area of practice I am wanting to explore is packaging design.




4.

I have noticed similarities in my work as designs with a minimal aesthetic. I find simple designs really pleasing and enjoy creating them, this makes me think it could be the start of my development to finding my signature.



5.

After graduating I want to move to London. I would like to find a job within a small design studio and become a valuable member of a team.


 Whirligig Creative









No comments:

Post a Comment